Our costs fall into two categories.
1. Fixed professional legal fees associated with a standard matter.*
2. Disbursements. These are out-of-pocket costs we pay on your behalf and includes items such as searches and settlement agency fees.
Our professional legal fees are fixed on the basis of the following assumptions:
- The Contract of Sale remains unchanged between the day of sale and the day of settlement;
- Any loan condition or other conditions in the Contract of Sale are satisfied by the due date specified in relation to the condition(s); and
- The Contract of Sale is observed by all parties (i.e. there is no breach of the contract by either party).
Our fixed-fee conveyancing on a standard residential house, *unit or land in Victoria includes the following:
- All conveyancing work as defined in the Conveyancers Act 2006.
- All legal advice forming part of the conveyancing work.
- All legal work forming part of the conveyancing work.
- All office costs (postage, faxes, phone calls, photocopying) associated with the conveyancing work.
- Arranging settlement with other parties to the conveyancing transaction.
- Attending and completing settlement (by agency or through PEXA).
- Preparation of Notices of Acquisition.
NOTE:*Circumstances may sometimes arise where legal work is required that is beyond what is included in our fixed-fee service. We reserve the right to charge additional costs in such circumstances. See our “Conveyancing Costs FAQ” for more information.